Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Greenwich Village

Lucas my contra dancing friend, at his beautiful theological graduate school, that happened to be two blocks from where I happened to be in Manhattan on Saturday. I know him from contra dancing in Berkeley. It was so nice to see a familiar face!



After going to a viola da gamba meetup, and seeing Lucas, I boldly got on the number 1 train downtown. I was headed to go see my friend from Massachusetts (in the band Goli) play a gig in the village. I didn't bother to check my directions which told me to take a different train (probably the A). I also didn't check what stop I was supposed to get off at. S

I wandered around for a while, and eventually found not only cafe Vivaldi, but the band, who I then took a walk with.

These two pictures were from before I found them.





As we were taking a walk together, we came across some Morris dancers. I think they looked pretty cool. (we also came across some delicious gelato.)



my luck ran out for the evening after I got out of the concert. It could have been a lot worse, still. I mean, I did get home all right, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment