Sunday, July 31, 2011

People

I've been in Portland nearly a week now. I am surrounded by inspiringly lovely and wonderful people all the time. I don't know any of them very well but I am getting to know them. It is surreal to be here where I know no one, and they have such established relationships. They all seem to like me though. I hope to get to know them all very well. There are also babies everywhere (a baby explosion happened within the last year, among many of the appropriately aged couples I know. Most of them are poly. I find this to be fabulous.)

Here are three of the wonderful men at this welcoming and strangely named house:

They are hugging. One of them is of another one's back. The one with the yellow pants is getting picked up in the process.

Right now I am sitting placidly on the couch while a couple different wonderful people discuss a coding project, some other people cook dinner, and somewhere the babies are probably sleeping. Earlier today, because I was jealous that a baby was riding someones shoulders, I got a ride on some wonderful person's should while I squealed and giggled with glee. And this morning, at 6:30 am, I made blueberry pancakes with a wonderful person and his baby-year-old son, and then accidentally went back to sleep. I didn't mean for this to be so much of a vacation; I meant to draw, and post more reliably, and get other important things done on the computer. But I didn't bring my own computer, so I can't follow my usual posting work flow, and have instead been very vaguely learning GIMP and the other ways of ubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment