Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What I left in Berkeley Part 2



Barbara (my fake-mother, and otherwise house-mate) fosters kittens. Usually I mostly ignore them, but right before I left I decided to give this batch a lot of cuddling. I think I was getting sentimental.



Emily has a lot of odd junk in her room. When it is not lying around her room, its in her hair. Some of it is photogenic, and I enjoy that. There is something charming about what we don't understand.



Pictured above are some doll arms that were gifted to her: just the arms, mind you, not the whole doll. Also, there are two glass pieces: The glass on the right I just found her holding one day, the pipe (on the left) took a lot of cleaning before it didn't look or smell like pot. It is broken, pretty much stopping where the picture stops. I actually found that one. The blue marbley things are from Wilson and the are squishy "Eco soil," these odd silicone things that absorb water.



Also quite recently, a day or two before I left, I realized Emily and the morning light were getting along like age old lovers and I couldn't help but take a billion pictures. After so many pictures, it's as if the camera stops existing, and I am able to capture what I am really looking for. In this case, it is the playfulness that Em and I exchange.



And lastly, my love, asleep in my room. He was so beautiful there, and so hard to capture. I took some blurry close ups at a few points during that night, the night I stayed up all night packing before my morning flight to here. I packed while he just slept there, through the harsh light, and all my noise and occasionally having to shift him around.

I often associate him with the cold fresh air from those two windows, and this picture brings me some very comforting tactile memory. I can feel the breeze, and that wool blanket against my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment