Friday, August 20, 2010

I am so tired.

Here, have a picture I took of a really awesome pepper. Bob subscribed to a farm-share, and is getting all these beautiful and fresh vegitables.



But I don't get to eat them, because I am in new york.

I've been in New York since Tuesday, being as responsible as I know how to be. You see, I want a home. The sort of place where I can put nails in the wall, hang paintings, and have some peace and quiet.

I've been walking around, asking people, emailing people, calling people, all about homes. I've also been calling people about bikes. I have only determined that I am not going to get a folding bike. It was a lot of work to figure that out, you would be surprised. All of my time, save for some blog posting, has been either sleeping or being responsible.



So I am too worn out to take a better screen shot. This one I took before shutting down my computer, to look at and memorize this morning, and then I added the purple a second ago.

The arrow is where I went. It's a nice walk. A pretty walk. But it is 2 miles. For slow-walking-mackenzie, that is about 40 minutes. In the snow, that is... well... probably an hour at least.

I really like it there. There is what could be my own apt up top, to decorate as I wish, Wilson could stay with me... two cats, and a garage I could paint in. A really nice woman about my mom's age lives in the downstairs. She grows tomatoes, and sews, and I really like her.

It could be a home.

But it wouldn't be very much like college.

See the purple circle? That's about where I want to live. I want to transport any happy home to within that circle and then live there. I want to be able to be out until 3 am, and I want to go home to take a nap in the middle of the day.

I could maybe live on campus, and smuggle in Wilson. But it wouldn't be quite as much a home. 8/9 people sharing a kitchen, and I only get my tiny room, and then I have to move out at the end of the year. But in some ways it's better. It's college. Its a few hundred yards from the art building. People will ever visit me.


What do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment